It has been a rather quiet week with yet another quiet week ahead. No, that doesn't mean that my boys were quiet. Just that there weren't any unexpected emergencies or drama. Yay! I enjoy having my boys home for the summer. It gives me a chance to spend time with them before I head off to work. I sure miss being around all of the time. So, I make the best of the time I have.
I have been kicking up my training for the half marathon I hope to run in September. I have started taking the two youngest boys on my longer runs. I push them up the canyon, walking of course. Then, when we get far enough up, I turn around and run all of the way home. It sure is a workout with them especially since I can't use my arms to run. Best of all, they enjoy being outside and looking at nature. The other day we watched bees gathering pollen, counted how many muddy puddles we passed, listened to water roaring down into a canal, and we even found a beautiful butterfly on the side of the road. Now Ethan thinks we can find one every time. Sometimes, on the shorter runs, Cody tags along. That kid can keep up for three miles, running. He is fast too. He's great to chase on the days I need to do sprints!
Scott has been working hard in school. Seems like he is either at school or at home studying for school. I don't think he or I realized how tuff 5 summer classes would be. He is doing great though - I think straight A's. I know he's ready for a break and we are ready for him to have more time for us!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment