Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I really don't think anyone really reads what I write, so today I just want to write to get a few things off my mind.

Last night, for whatever reason, I had a hard time 'cause I realized that I don't really have any close friends. Sure, there are friends that I still keep in touch with, but I am talking about friends that call you every day or so to talk, a friend that you can call up and go out for lunch or a movie. I wondered, is it possible to be completely surrounded by people, but sometimes feel utterly alone? I guess in a nut shell, I just wish I can stay put long enough to develop that kind of friendship again.

Mind you, my husband and my boys keep me company and great company it is. Just a few minutes ago my 5 year old came up with a plan to put all of the kitchen chairs around his bed so that the baby could sleep in his bed with him and not fall out of the bed. As he was telling me his idea, I noticed he had a sunburned nose and cheeks. I said a quiet prayer of thanks that he had the sunburn because that tells me that he his healthy enough to run and play all day outside. Last night I stayed up with my oldest ad watched a premier special on the new Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Cody just came and told me a joke of his, but I am sorry to say that I didn't pay attention so I have no idea what the joke was.

Probably my yearning for a female friend stems from being surrounded by all boys for so long. I grew up with three brothers and now I have six sons. Guess I had better get more active with Relief Society and their outings and clubs. Yes, that is what I will do. I have to go beyond just showing up on Sunday to play the piano and reach out myself. See, it helps just to write and get things off your mind.

As far as life goes for us, life is good. Scott is finishing up his summer classes and I know he is looking forward to a week off before the fall semester begins. I have my RN clinical coming up two weeks from tomorrow. Just the thought of it makes my stomach flip-flop. I've been studying and practicing so all I can do is my best. Tyler actually completed enough merit badges to advance to Life Scout at the next Court of Honor. He can start working on his Eagle as soon as he gets his papers submitted. Avery, Cody, and Chandler are all anxious for school to start. Cody will be home schooled this year so I can help him catch up with his peers in reading. He will go to school part-time though. Even Ethan will be in preschool this year. It will be weird only having one child not attending school. Might even be boring if not for having Cody home most mornings too.

Scott's grandparents have been gone for a little over a year now. I miss them terribly. I miss their weekly e-mails and their monthly phone calls. Grandpa aways checked up on us and wanted to see how we were. He would call and/or send e-mails each year to remind us to do out taxes. I always loved it when I could report that we already did our taxes and got the refund back before tax day. Grandma was our biggest cheerleader. She gave me so much encouragement with just raising our boys and taking care of my home. She believed in us and that meant so much. They just genuinely cared and never criticized us nor our children. I miss them and I miss having that love and encouragement in my life. But, when I get down and feel overwhelmed with all the goings on in our family, I stop and listen for Grandma's familiar words, "I don't know you do it Angie, but you are doing a good job." It gives me umph I need to put a smile back on my face and keep going.

That is enough Thoughts by Angie for today. I feel better. Don't know if anyone else will. For all I know anyone that reads this will just think Boy, she sure complains a lot. Those people probably just don't know me. Come to think of it, very few people actually have taken the time to know me.

Time to start the day! Looks like a beauty!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish we lived closer!!! I have been so blessed to have had some GREAT girl friends but it's hard if you don't know many people close.. I have to tell you about 3 years ago we had lived here for almost a year and I was DESPERATELY missing Texas and really it wasn't Texas it was my good girlfriends.. I had a great group, we would babysit for one another, go out to lunch have play dates at each other's houses etc. etc. so I decided to dedicate my fast's and prayers to making a good friend.. wouldn't you know it one moved in and we became fast friends..and to be honest I never would have guessed that this woman and I would even hit it off but i'm so glad I decided to bring Heavenly Father into it.. Good luck with your search and if your ever in New England you know your ALWAYS welcome!!!
    luv ya my far away friend!!!

    ReplyDelete